Monday 14 May 2007

Disaster Strikes

After a great 10K race I feel like disaster has hit with a thunder bolt.

I have been having this pain in my leg which is not amazingly painful but is annoying, it does not hurt when I run but is uncomfortable day to day. After consulting one of the guys at the running track he confirmed my fears that I have shin splints. I have been resting and icing my leg regularly and I need to book in for a massage.

I am hoping that I can sort the problem out, I believe the reason for the problems is very tired running shoes that have gone past their usefulness. I have now gone out and replaced both my long distance shoe and my light weight short distance trainer. I am really hoping this will help.

I'll keep you posted on what happens, but I am hoping to be fitting fit again for the next half-marathon on the 27th May.

Anyone out there got any advice?

No comments: