Saturday 25 April 2009

ONLY 10 to go

Hi All,
Well now I am in the home straight, I thought I should start making an effort to keep you updated. So here goes to updating my blog daily to let you know.

Race number 31 tomorrow with the London Marathon, not very confident at all with this race. I know it will be fine and I just have to get round, but am feeling the least confident I have ever felt. Two weeks ago I suffered a tear in the bit between my two muscles in my calf (don;t know technical name). It seems fine now, but have done very little running in the last 4 weeks since the Reading Half marathon.

After Reading, I was on holiday and so decided to not run, then I had a minor operation, which physically was fine, but emotionally a roller coaster, then this injury, on top of that I have severe pain in my left shoulder which is causing sleepless nights and lots of pain. So you can see why I am going to be stepping up to the line with lots of trepidation.

On a plus note, at least I have managed to get this far, and even after my stress fracture in the Summer of 2007, I do still seem to be running. So here is hoping and I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Lois, just take it slow and steady! Will be thinking of you and looking out for you on telly.
Go Lois!! :-)
Your OU friend Julia.xx