Monday 11 May 2009

I survived

Hi All,

Well I made it round, despite it starting at 8:30 in the morning and it being quite warm. I decided on a gentle plod and maintained a steady 9 minute mile pace, coming in at 1:58 so not bad really. Didn't have any problems and was very pleased.

The best part was as I turned the corner for the home straight, Adam and the girls had turned up to surprise me, complete with banners. It was lovely to see them there and its the first time any of them had seen me finish on of my challenge races. So it makes this race very special indeed and one I will remember.

Am in today for my shoulder op, so will be taking it easy for a couple of days at least, can't wait to get back to a time when I don't have any thing going on and I can just run. Also keeping fingers crossed this sorts out the problem and my shoulder stops hurting so much.

thanks

No comments: